Pregnancy, Birth & Beyond
Neighborhood Family Practice offers the following services during your pregnancy and beyond:
- Nurse advice line
- 24 hour provider coverage
- Breastfeeding support and consultation
- Family planning and birth control services
- All female providers
- Small group or individual care
- Same day and evening appointments
- Online access to medical records
Meet the Certified Nurse Midwives
NFP’s Midwives are here to provide you with you a comfortable, personalized prenatal care alternative to larger hospitals and practices. NFP’s Midwives take time to talk to and connect with all of their patients.
NFP's Certified Nurse Midwifery Program has been providing a unique birthing option on the near west side of Cleveland since 2006. NFP embraces a philosophy of caring for the individual in the context of the family.
In the Midwifery program, this philosophy means promoting healthy births as a starting point for healthy families. Prenatal care, education for the mother and family, nutrition education, and supportive, healthy births are all important components of the Midwifery Program. As a Midwifery patient, you will receive personalized attention and unique support throughout your pregnancy, labor, delivery, and beyond.
NFP Midwives have privileges at Fairview Hospital and MetroHealth Hospital.
Neighborhood Family Practice offers a unique pregnancy care experience - The CenteringPregnancy® Program.
CenteringPregnancy® is prenatal care which combines three important parts: the medical appointment, education, and support, in 10 group appointments.
CenteringPregnancy® Participants will experience:
- A group appointment that will last for 2 hours with a Midwife and a Patient Advocate.
- Involvement in a group with other women with similar due dates.
- No waiting in the waiting room or exam room.
- Individual appointments for a physical exam or health problems that need to be monitored.
- All appointments are already set up and scheduled so patients will know when to plan for childcare, work, and transportation.
- A support person is welcome at all visits.
- Children cannot come to these appointments.
Please contact Elyse Shaffer, Patient Advocate, to learn more via email or call 216-281-0872, ext 129.